Saturday, November 3, 2012

Comforts of home


It is so nice to be home. How grateful I am to have such a nice place to live. The staff at Moffitt were phenomenal but hospital rooms are not comfortable. 

The trip home was uneventful and I dozed most of the way.  Even when I'm not 2 days out of surgery, I get sleepy in the car. I think it's a carryover from traveling as a kid.  My parents were both heavy smokers and that combined with motion sickness made me a less than pleasant travel companion.  Just ask my sister and brother.... Sorry!  I guess I coped by sleeping and now if I'm going to be in the car for a trip I get sleepy before we cross the county line. I'm not much company but at least I'm not up-chucking, eh?

I was happy to see my furry kids and they were happy to see us I think.  I've been pounced on once which wasn't nice but no damage was done. The outdoor critters are returning now that they realize the food servers have come home. Our neighbors Kathy and Terry take very good care of the kits when we're away but we don't ask them to feed the raccoons. There are up to 14 who dine regularly including a litter of 4 babies.  Some people disagree with our feeding them. We humans continue to encroach upon undeveloped land/lots and their natural food sources are disappearing rapidly. I feed them apologetically. 

My sister and brother in law came from Tennessee to be with me and I can't say how much I appreciate them. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them before they go back. It's a great comfort to me to have my sister in the room with me.  I can't explain it really. She provides a sense of security and warmth. I'm grateful.

I feel good. I'm sore of course and the skin is very tight across my chest. I have exercises to do once the drains come out. The worst discomfort is under my arms. There are spots that burn like a hot poker, or what I imagine would be like a hot poker.  Dr. Kiluk said it is the severed nerves. I'm trying not to take many pain pills because they make my brain feel foggy and I end up sleeping for hours after I take them.  I'm concerned my writing may be lacking, especially syntax so please overlook the errors. 

I am so grateful to my family and friends who call and text. I feel very loved. Your prayers are effective and appreciated.  God is so good to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment